First and foremost: GIDEON HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH THE MOST COMMON OF ALL LEUKEMIA: B-Precursor ALL! Prayers have been answered, but the battle is just beginning. Gideon will have a blood transfusion in the morning, his first dosage of spinal chemotherapy, and another dosage of chemo through a new IV (unless there is a miracle and we are able to get his port early tomorrow...since it is obvious that all of you aid in the miracle prayer chain, there is no harm in praying for that one...). So, here it comes! We were reminded that his health will actually get worse through this vigorous initial stage, but we will pray that infection and other side-effects stay at bay. If there can be a "perfect" cancer treatment, we are praying for that one! We actually cheered and cried when this was all announced.
A List of today's miracles:
- We celebrated Brody's birthday...5 years on this planet!
- My sister AIMEE came today. There is nothing stronger than a sister bond, and that girl can read my heart just by looking into my eyes. Words are hardly ever needed. I am so thankful for her.
- Brody got to hang out with a police officer and check out the squad car (and handcuffs)
- As you all know, Brody is a sports fanatic, especially WMU hockey! I can't even count how many WMU games he has gone to and was transfixed by, but today made me decide that we will never miss a game -- never. A whole CREW of WMU hockey players came to Brody's birthday party and STAYED. They ate with him here in the hospital and watched him blow out his candles. Talk about tears when I saw all of the one-on-one attention this boy with a broken heart received. Wow.
- We got the news about the ALL during Brody's small get-together -- so all were able to witness the excitement.
- Gideon took his oral morphine and wore his face mask to the party ONLY because there were hockey players out in the hall ready to head to the party room.
- ANDY JENKINS and family came to the party and shared the fact that we are only days away from his NO MO CHEMO Party! The Jenkins Family is pretty much our own flesh and blood at this point. The help, support, talks, and the amazing promise that is Andy has made our hearts and souls so very hopeful!
- Oma and Opa Westerbeek made SIGNS to hold up in the parking lot for Brody and Gideon since they have been exposed to the flu bug. They drove many miles for this, and it was so beautiful watching Brody and Gideon's faces over their own personalized posters.
- Gideon's spiked fever after the party went down significantly after just an hour...all on its own.
- There is water in my cup right now. With ice.
- Gideon is sleeping.
- This cookie I am eating right now actually TASTES good. Mmmmm...
- God is GOOD!
Now... SOME PICTURES! (Next post...It is taking FOREVER to load.)