Friday, July 30, 2010
Pink medicine, pink angel, and pink-lipped smiles.
I am beginning to think that bad people are becoming extinct on our planet. I need to make a list to get it all out there:
- I just finished yet another meal brought to us by loving and selfless chefs.
- Our grass has been cut every Friday by a service we did not order ourselves (and are not seeing the bill).
- Another mystery gift has been dropped off (complete with fresh daisies).
- The Fundraising party to earn money for The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society this week was a huge success. If you still want to buy any products that portions of the proceeds will go to the same cause, here is an address of one more vendor who would like to get in on the giving: ErinRHarris.scentsy.us.
- The Marciniak family showed up at the hospital yesterday with signs and pumpin' positive music (plus food and gifts) to cheer Gideon on before his chemo, and then proceeded to hang out with Brody while Gideon was put under, given the chemo, and then slowly woke up out of his stupor. They then fed him a bagel while Brody threw down some of his break dancing moves on the hospital floor.
- And last, BUT NOT LEAST: Since this is the last week to order your NO SHARK T-SHIRT, Mike Oslund has announced that he will match all donations made this week. Yup. All donations. He is also the one placing the orders, getting the shirts made, AND shipping them out. Now he's giving more cash. Woah. So, let's see how far this can go! Place your shirt order before the deadline of August 7, please!
Yes, we are surrounded by earthly angels alongside those heavenly ones, I'm convinced. By the way, for those of you wondering about Gideon's angel, I have an update. He doesn't talk about her that often, but he woke up two mornings ago and said that his angel brought a friend the night before. I asked who the friend was, and he said it was a "baby girl in pink." I asked him what the baby girl was doing there and he said, "She told me not to spit out my pink medicine." (see the above video - he listened!)
Have an incredible weekend!
Posted by BrodyandGideon'smom at Friday, July 30, 2010